04 May Operations during Level 4 lockdown
Dear Valued Amorim Customer,
As we collectively navigate through this crisis, I wish to express my best wishes for the period ahead as well as to update you as far as our local operations are concerned.
Amorim is returning to operations as we enter the Level 4 lockdown period, starting Monday 4 May. We will be taking a responsible approach while putting our efforts to supply you with the highest quality standards.
As a responsible business, we are committed to adhering to all regulations and implementing health and safety requirements which will effectively address transmission risks of COVID-19 across the value-chain. These protocols fall under the guidelines of the World Health Organisation, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as the latest Government notice (C19 OHS, 2020) from the Department of Employment and Labour (DoEL). These regulations are being merged into our Corporate Policy and Health and Safety system.
As we will – in accordance with regulations and strict health protocols for Level 4 – be scaling to 30% our labour force capacity, we would like to request your assistance as follows:
- Sales, Technical Support and Admin services – following the guidance from the authorities, we have shifted our employees to flexible home working arrangements. Our team has been equipped with the appropriate equipment and technology to provide you all the necessary sales and technical support. Your sales consultant will be more than happy to assist with any query or technical advice. Contact details below:
Marize Uys email@example.com Cell: 083 749 0743
Ettiene Gouws firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 083 252 9886
Heidi van Wyk email@example.com Cell: 076 152 7472
- Lead times / new requirements: where possible, a minimum 5 working days lead time
- Operating hours: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:30. Under the current environment, unfortunately we will not be open for factory visits until further notice.
- Protocol for deliveries or collections:
- Our drivers and delivery personnel have received training to adhere to all regulations and health and safety requirements
- Persons who assist with receiving of consignments are required to comply with health and safety requirements
- Any documentation to be completed with own pens
If there are any other applicable restrictions to our service and delivery arrangements, please let us know.
These times have put an unprecedented pressure on our wine industry and its supply chain, but we look forward to seeing the wheels of the South African wine industry start turning again.
Thank you for your support,
Amorim Cork South Africa